Dr Duncan Campbell
BDS, MBChB, MDS(OMS) Grad Dip Clin Dent, FRACDS, FRACDS(OMS)
Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon
After graduating with a Bachelor of Dental Surgery, Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery and a Masters of Dental Surgery, Dr Campbell made the decision to complete the remainder of his Oral & Maxillofacial speciality training in South East Queensland.
Dr Campbell grew up in Trail British Columbia, Canada which is a small industrial town located in the Monashee Mountains of the West Kootenay. It is known as the “Home of Champions” due to the large number of successful sports teams and professional athletes to hail from that region. Following high school, he travelled to New Zealand and the East Coast of Australia to visit family and decided to move permanently to commence studies.
Dr Campbell obtained degrees from universities in both Australia and New Zealand including: Bachelor of Dental Surgery, Bachelor of Medicine, Master of Dental Surgery, Graduate Diploma in Sedation and Pain control as well as both General (FRACDS) and Specialist (FRACDS OMS) fellowships from the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons. Dr Campbell’s Maxillofacial training included appointments in Dunedin, Christchurch, Townsville, Gold Coast and Brisbane and he was lucky enough to be mentored and taught various techniques by the outstanding Maxillofacial Consultants at each training post.
His areas of interest include:
- Soft and hard tissue trauma of the oral and maxillofacial region – such as mandibular fractures, cheek bone fractures, nasal fractures, LeFort fractures and eye socket fractures which has included publications on the use of 3D printing and orbital fractures;
- Orthognathic (jaw correction) surgery such as bimaxillary osteotomies and surgical corrections of facial asymmetry;
- Surgical correction of obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA)
- Chronic facial pain disorders;
- Dentoalveolar surgery including removal of removal of impacted teeth, difficult tooth extractions, extractions on medically compromised patients, bone grafting or preprosthetic surgery to provide better anatomy for the placement of implants, dentures, or other dental prostheses;
- Surgery to insert osseointegrated dental and craniomaxillofacial implants which has included a Master's Degree in biomaterials, dental implants and bone biology;
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant pathology;
- Temporomandibular joint disorders.